6.24.2013

Pit stop: Parada Villas del Mar Hau (Isabela, PR)

VIA SABANA SECA and LEVITTOWN


    OBSERVATIONS
  • A sand crab just peaked out from under the dresser... 
  • Like other LA countries, the lemons are green.
  • I had gallo pinto at lunch (with my shrimp mofongo), but without Lizano sauce (native to Costa Rica), gallo pinto has less tang to it. 
  • I drove about 2/3s across the country, and it took only an hour and a half at the most. 
  • I drove yesterday, and therefore we have fewer pictures today. 
  • Geckos, of a variety in color and design.
  • Gas is about $3.40 per gallon, but except for on the army base, you purchase it in liters.
  • Hammock hooks on my porch, hurrican shutters on my windos
  • A lot of people here drive slow in the left lane.
  • Puerto Ricans are super helpful. 
  • A high police presence, and they, too, are helpful--I had to ask one for directions.
  • Signs in the woods warning against rabid mongoose.
  • Speak in English, speak in Spanish--most the time, you get to pick the language.
  • Our Suzuki is reliable and runs well.
  • I have seen more baseball stadiums than soccer fields.
  • You drive down the highway, turn the corner, and there's the ocean. And you drive a little further (on the weekend), and there are all the people at the beach. Sometimes with really loud music. 
  • We praised the Lord and prayed with brothers and sisters ...and it reminded us of special days in other places, but mostly it thrilled our souls this very morning (Sunday, 3/23).  We always need to be attentive to the here and now . . . . living in the past robs us of the present. 

1 comments:

Chrissy King said...

I needed this reminder to live in the present. . . . it's very easy for me to look back or strain ahead and not even realize I am not noticing, appreciating, or relishing the here and now. . . .thanks for that reminder. (and I'm really glad you had a good Sunday worshipping in Spanish!)