7.20.2008

Summer Psalms


Yesterday we were supposed to have a wedding...I can only imagine how different life would be today if that had been the case. I pray for Sean and Christina, and praise them for their maturity in this postponement decision. Not easy.

Overall, a very strange summer. Coming back to our OH home always encourages us. The smiles, the hugs, the visits, the laughs. Good stuff. But also this time, some hard stuff--visits to doctors, grad school classes (plus 3-5 hours of homework), postponing major life plans, and only having Katy here for one weekend.

Today in church Bob Rohm (Cedarville Univ.) reminded us of great truths from Asaph's Psalm 73. Two verses here-- 23 and 28.

Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand....
But as for me, it is good to be near God.
I have made the Sovereign LORD my refuge;
I will tell of all your deeds.

God is omnipresent--am I remembering that? Am I putting myself in His sanctuary (presence)? Or am I living a "practical atheism"? as Bob Rohm coins it: do I say that God is omnipresent, but live real life as though He were nowhere around?

--Tia Louise

P.S. Major Cedarville flashback during SS this morning. Dr. Al Monroe was our substitute teacher--anybody else remember Foundations or Geography with Dr. Al? :)

0 comments: