7.23.2008

Smelling the roses again!

What a sweet (-smelling) surprise! A friend, Phyllis, took my blog quite literally and had delivered to my house today three rich-pink roses.
. . . . The Lord keep blessing and surprising--another friend, Debby, brought dinner over to us. That's a great help, too. With these grad classes, I spend all day in class (typical vocabulary: deculturalization, meritocracy, determinism, interruptability, sorting, solidarity, functionalism, etc.) . . . and then I come home, throw in or out some laundry, and back to the books, I go. Oh, and in between I see my kids, kiss my husband, and email Mimi. I'm having fun! How about you?

Praise the Lord for sweet surprises, great friends, and stopping to smell the roses.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trying to figure out/schedule new Latin curriculum. Don't speak Latin. That's what I'm doing. :)

MLH

Anonymous said...

Thanks be to God that nearby friends are offering support with beautiful roses and deicious dinners. On the other hand, you may be delighted that I am in farwaway Alabama and not nearby when it comes to supplying meals! My cooking skills are notorious! In fact, a niece once commented, "When Uncle David goes to the kitchen, even the dog leaves home"! Must be true ... there's not a dog on the block! :-) I'll just send prayers instead!

Mindful Lines said...

Thank you so much for those prayers. Frankly they are sweeter than the roses!