8.03.2008

From Letters from a Modern Mystic


"What, Father, do you desire said? What, Father, do you desire done this minute?"
It is clear that this is exactly what Jesus all day every day. But it is not what his followers have been doing in very large numbers.
--20 January 1930, Frank Laubach

...As I sit over in that old building day after day patiently toiling with one man or boy to teach him the alphabet, and so hold him to a larger world, I often wonder whether this work is becoming to a man of my age (46). But when that same man fondly runs his fingers through my hair and looks his love while he says "Mapia bapa" -- good uncle-- I know that a little love is created. If this entire universe is a desperate attempt of love to incarnate itself, then "important duties" which keep us from helping little people are not duties, but sins--"
--21 August 1930, Frank Laubach

0 comments: