8.09.2008

I'm Back

After you live in a foreign country you began to not see the differences . . . pretty soon, it's just home, perhaps with some twists, but not really differences.

Then you return to that passport world of yours, try to feel-at-home in what used to be so familiar. That takes a few weeks, and then wham, you leave again.

Now I land back in Costa Rica--and believe me, "landing" takes a few days. But what I do see suddenly are the differences: a palm tree in my courtyard, walls and gates around every home, men pushing their fresh fruit juice carts along the streets, others walking their horses, bright pink or orange or orange house facades, parrots flying overhead in flocks, and rain every day for a few hours!

Now I know I am home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy "landing"! Blessings upon you, your staff and the students who you serve in His name!

Anonymous said...

By the way, I meant to compliment you on your photos. You are quite a good photographer!

Anonymous said...

Hey mom, it sounds like you talking!